Grasso's Italian Restaurant opened in 1955 in El Centro California and is located 1902 West Main Street. There have only been 2 Families that have owned Grasso's and it is still located in the original building.
For over 60 years, only 2 families have owned Grasso's. Two sisters, Giacinta Grasso and Blanche Fornasero started serving family and friends in Giacintas home. It became so popular that they turned "The Dining Room" into the restaurant in 1955. A couple years later they added "The Family Room" and Grasso's became a full time restaurant. Ed and Mary Baran, along with their children, Hank and Liz, bought the restaurant in 1976 from Blanche and Joe Fornacero. Hank and Sue Baran along with their children, Tori and Alex, bought Grasso's from Hanks parents in 2003 and have continued to own and operate the restaurant since then using the same authentic recipes and adding some of their own.
Grasso's Italian Restaurant has become an “AN IMPERIAL VALLEY TRADITION” and we look forward to welcoming you to our family and to be part of our tradition.
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, and events.